Friday, May 8, 2009

Solution to the Shower Time Blues...

Schmoogie never minded water in his face. You could wash his hair in the bath or in the shower, and just dump the clean water over his head to rinse, or stick his lil head under the shower head and let it run down. He would just shut his eyes, ever so tightly, so no water would get in, and smile the whole time.

Noodle hates water in his face. He cries, cringes, shakes, tightens up, etc. He cannot stand to get his hair washed. I have tried all the remedies to no avail. I usually just give him showers for times sake, quickly rinsing, with dry towel in between my knees ready to dry that delicious wet face, just as soon as the water runs clear. He still cries, cringes and shakes, every, single, time. It's heartbreaking, stressful and at times extremely frustrating, until now!

Just as Noodle is getting ready to enter the torture chamber (our shower), he spots a pair of swim goggles graciously left by the Easter Bunny, meant for the new pool this summer, and Big D thinks it funny to put them on and "go show Mommy, tell her you're ready for the shower".

Genius! I think out loud, can it really work??

Well, it seems, we have found the perfect solution to the water in the eyes blues....

You have to creatively wash around the rubber strap in the back of the head, so I will need to be diligent about ensuring different placement of the straps each shower. But I figure, hell, if I can get most of those blonde strands clean without a tear, without cringing, without shaking, I am golden!

Peace.

1 comment:

OHmommy said...

Noodles sounds a lot like my Jay. His googles hang from the shower faucet. He loves taking showers now. :)