Friday, May 22, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend Preview

So, it's officially summer? Not really, isn't June 21st the first day of summer? Either way, the warm weather has finally graced us here on the North Fork, and we are about to baste in it and drench ourselves with sunshine, outdoor activities, and warmth. I say, BRING IT ON!

Memorial Day Weekend, oh, yes, when we begin to relish all that summer has to offer. I cannot wait to get this weekend started. I can almost smell the hamburgers and hotdogs grilling on the open flame, hear the sweet sounds of childhood glee, and see the pollen covering my car. Well, two out of three isn't bad.

Should be a nice one, we have a birthday party, some lax practice, baseball practice, perhaps a dip in a friend's pool, and defiantly BBQ!

I'd like to get in a nice walk to see the cows and the llama around the way, a bike ride to the water just past the Meeting House Creek Inn would be lovely, and maybe a wiffle ball game with the neighborhood kids. That's my idea of a good summer weekend.

No matter what else the weekend brings, I will be perfectly happy as long as I get to spend lots of time outside, preferably without a jacket, sucking up the sun with my three favorite peeps in the world.

Love you guys,
Peace.

No comments: