Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Spittin 20's for Ice Cream

I am a debit card whore.

I always use my debit card, very rarely ever even carry cash. What for, who needs cash anymore?

Well, last night after a very good day for the Noodle Doodle, I stopped off at the local Ice Creamery to get the Good Boy a well deserved treat.

Unfortunately the Ice Creamery does not succumb to prostitution, uh hum, I mean, take debit cards. Hmmm, so off to the cash machine we go. It sound archaic to even use those word, "cash machine", or how about the "ATM" heee heee? It just sounds so old skool.....

Thank gawd the bank has a drive thru ATM (hee hee-sounds so funny to me). We pull up, insert card, select ENGLISH (O.M.G.) and proceed to hit the prompts for $40 fast cash. All the while Noodle has a close eye on the process, as he has never experienced the cash machine.

Beep, Beep, a few more beeeeeps, and wahlaa, there it is, cash money spits out of the slot and I quick grab it.

Giggles galore from the back seat.

"Do it again, do it again Mommy, that was cool, can you do it again? Mommy HOW did you do that?"

He really has never been witness to the ATM, ever! I wish I could have stayed there all night sucking twenties out of this machine, without recourse, that would have been fun.

Instead, we took our funds and off we went to the Ice Cream Store, where the only take CASH! Are they the last on the planet to engage this practice, heck, even the farm stands take my debit card.

Peace.

1 comment:

Stef Kramer said...

Too funny. I work at a bank and NEVER have cash. I'm just waiting til we catch up with Japan and can pay with our cell-phones...of course that's not near as entertaining as the money machines!