Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Reunion Update

The reunion was fab. Catching up with old friends, sharing pictures of our beautiful children, swapping stories and interpretation of some of those stories is always charming. Seeing some of whom you haven't in nearly twenty years is always an adventure. Finally seeing someone that you have only had an instant messaging/emailing/facebooking relationship with, getting to meet their husband, and exchanging hugs as if you never parted, priceless.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself, Big D too, considering he knew as many there as I did. A room full of 39 and then some, part of which were proudly married with spouse in tow, others who were not so happily married or divorced, coming alone, props to you all.

Smothered by 80's music and pics of us all in big (and I mean BIG) hair, such sweet memories. Knowing that it didn't matter if they liked you in High School, and now having the confidence to not care, was refreshing. I was me and I was happy.

Mostly all were pleasant, excited, and having the time of their life. There was one though, and he will remain nameless, as I have already forgotten his name. Why? Well, I will tell you why.

I walked up to Mr. ITotallyDoNotRememberAnymore and the following transpired:

P: Hi, I know you.
Them: You do? I don't know you. He glances at my pin displaying my name and fancy yearbook pic.
P: Yeah, I'm Double P, married to Big D, hung out with Suzy Pancakes and Joe Blow.
Them: No, Can't say I remember.

Getting more embarrassed by the second, but not going to let it get the best of me, come up with this clever reply, to which I am still so proud of myself for.

P: That's because you weren't lucky enough to know me in High School.

And with that I turned on my heals, giggled to myself, took a sip of my drink, found my REAL friends and danced the night away.

HOW RUDE!! I mean really, I would have at least faked it, people have no class! Oh, and did I mention that he was standing alone. Hmmm, I wonder why, tee hee hee!

Peace.

No comments: