Monday, June 1, 2009

Deductions de Noodle

Mommy, the car wash is open. Your car is dirty. We should go to the car wash.

Mommy, I like cats. Cats are soft and cozy. We should get a cat.

Mommy, who's light sabor is that?
I got it for B for Christmas, but he already had one, so I am going to save it for the drop box next Christmas.
Oh, well, I don't have a light sabor. I like light sabors. You should buy that one for me.

Ahh, the delicious deductions of a three year old. If life was only so simple. 'Tis the reason I have such angst about my children "growing up". It's such a bittersweet evolution. I love that they learn, discover and mature, but I fear that the "real" world will corrupt their sweet little selves.

Logic and reasoning skills are so innocently developed at such a young age. Why then as we age, do we allow that very innocence to be dipped in evil which becomes deception and manipulation?

Didn't set out to have a negative post, hmmmm.

Peace.

No comments: