Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Noodle's in Trouble

Noodle came home from school (daycare) with a laundry list of infractions for the day. Doesn't happen often, as he is a relatively well behaved child.

Surprised, I acted so. Bright eyed and that NOOOO? is what I exuded, not knowing that it was only the first on the list.

"Mommy, I said potty words."

"Tell Mommy what else you did" Big D coaches from the couch.

"Oh. And. What? What Daddy, what else I did?" He had already forgotten.

"Tell her what you said to Miss. D." He is smiling at me from the couch, as I am left to be the disciplinarian in the kitchen.

"Oh. That, Mommy I say "NO" to Miss D."

The eyes widen and the NOOOO becomes, NOOOOOOOOOO!

"And tell her what else, Noodle." Comes from the cheerleader Dad.

"What else? There's more?" The eyes were bulging at this point.

"Oh, and I hit my friends."

"OH MY Noodle!"

A brief lecture loaded with disappointment, drenched with Mommy guilt and sprinkled with an affectionate expectation occurs and the tot decides he will NEVER do those things again.

Giggles from the other side of the couch are muffled by a throw pillow. Yes, Schmoogie found humor in all of this.

Why? I asked myself, well, why not? Noodle doesn't give us much grief and is rarely "in trouble." Schmoogie, on the other hand, is the king of punishment in our house. I guess he thought it was funny that someone else was getting the disappointed bulging eye NO's instead of him.

Kids.
Turned out to be a good night!
Peace.

No comments: