Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The BIG Goal Announcement


As many of you know, I am riding in the Tour de Cure for Diabetes this Saturday. I will be riding 16 miles honoring my best childhood friend’s daughter. At first, I wasn't entirely sure that I could complete the 16 miles, but today, I am certain I can do it.

Funny thing is, “training” for this event has rekindled my love for bike riding. I have dusted that bad boy girl off and given her a real workout. I have the same bike for about 12 years now, nothing fancy, just a typical street riding Schwinn bicycle, but I do love my bike. Unfortunately the ole gal was gathering dust hanging from her jumbo hook in the ceiling of my garage for quite some time. The bike, she and I have officially become one again!

It is my goal to continue riding throughout the summer and as long into the Fall as possible, taking a break over the Winter and begin again early next Spring. I would really like to complete the next level of the Tour next year, the 35 mile ride. Whew, that sure sounds like a long ride, so very, very far, but it’s a goal, a personal goal I am hereby setting for myself.

In order to do the 35 mile ride, I will need to really train hard, which I believe I can do, because of my love for riding. Only time will tell, but if I can do it, hell, there is a whole bouquet of benefits to come. I may end up in the best physical shape of my life, I will definitely be healthier, stronger and feel better, mind, body and soul. Those bene’s cannot be beat!

So I have done it, my hands dripping with sweat on my keyboard, I have set this goal! Wish me luck, and hey, if you would like to sponsor me for the ride this Saturday, I would really appreciate that!

Peace.

1 comment:

I am P said...

Well, 16 miles was a piece of cake, so bring it on!!

Oh, and btw, our team raised $1830for diabetes!!