Monday, June 22, 2009

This is why I am so Happy!!

Big D rings the office at about 8:45 a.m.

"Everything O.K.?" I ask.

"Yeah, yeah, everything is fine. I just wanted to tell you the cutest thing that Noodle said to me on the way to daycare this morning."

I'm thinking something to do with Father's Day (or Farta's Day as Noodle says).

"Daddy, I am gonna miss Mommy today."

"Aww Noodle, that's so sweet, are you gonna miss Daddy too?"

"No, Daddy, just Mommy"

I have to tell you, That. Made. My. Day.

I miss him too, every Monday I miss both of my boys. It really is tough getting back into the work week groove after spending the entire weekend together.

Just to think that Big D would unselfishly pass that dialogue on to put a smile on my face.

Even though, the Noodle Doodle totally blew him off, he still gave me my props. That is why he is the best husband and Daddy ever and I am so happy!!

Big hugs all around tonight when the workday is over!
Peace.

3 comments:

Sunflower Ranch said...

Awww, P, that is so sweet!! You have a wonderful family and I just love how you each take the time to show each other. Gives me a good feeling! YOU must be positively glowing and floating at least a few inches off the ground. [I can tell from your writing! LOL] Thanks so much for sharing such an endearing slice of your life with us today!! :D

I am P said...

Thank you Sunflower!!
I really am floating today! I try to find the positive each day!

Stef Kramer said...

That is way sweet. I practically have to prompt my kids to miss me. :)