Thursday, March 12, 2009

It's a Pleasure to get a Report Card

Schmoogie’s report card came home yesterday. It was exceptional and unmatched to any he has ever brought home. He has always done well academically; sometimes he floors me with his astuteness. But this report card was different, it was special.

He acheived his first “Schmoogie is a pleasure to have in class” comment, which brought a tear to my eye. Schmoogie has an amazing teacher this year, she is really awesome, the type of teacher that you remember for a lifetime.

We had a Report Card Celebration. It doesn’t take much for me to have a celebration, I just love to celebrate. Life is too short, celebrate all it has to offer! I picked up a Cavel Cake with some inspirational wording to reflect the pride Big D and I felt for the Schmoog~master.

After dinner I grabbed the cake out of the freezer, and made the announcement. Schmoogie and Noodle looked up at me with that wide-eyed “but Mom, it’s Wednesday, what could you be celebrating now?” look. I briefly explain, place the cake in front of our little brainiac, hand him a knife and we had a celebration!

He was beaming, he was proud, he was excited, and so were we. It was truly a pleasure.

During the car ride to daycare this morning, Noodle asked Big D why we didn’t sing Happy Birthday to Schmoogie last night. The answer , well, obvious, and Noodle wondered, why then, did we have cake in the dining room??. He then turned to Big D and said “Well Daddy, then we should have sung Happy Report Card Day to him”.

Peace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We love this teacher, too!