Wednesday, March 25, 2009

LAX!

Schmoogie's started lacrosse yesterday through the local PAL. This should be an interesting new journey in the P house, as none of us have a real understanding of the game.

We needed to invest in some new equipment for the new adventure, a helmet, which was generously given to us, and some upper body/arm/shoulder padding (above) that once in place made my Schmoogie resemble a superhero.

"He looks like a Power Ranger", my nephew adamantly announced Sunday morning after Schmoogie tried on his new gear! He was right.

Last night was the first practice. Big D took him, said he did well, and enjoyed himself. After practice, Schmoogie ate dinner and out to the front lawn to practice techniques, until I called him in to shower and settle in for the night. I imagine this will be the norm for the next several weeks until we need to add in some baseball practice, when he will be perfecting two games at once.
I will attend the next practice and try to begin to understand the fundamentals of the game, so I can assume the typical cheerleader role as Mom. I may try to catch an instructional clip on youtube, or re-read the wiki description, which I didn't really get the first time.
It's real important to support and cheer for your children, I'd just really like to know what's going on. But, hey, if I never get it, as long as I am there, that's all he's going to remember anyway.
Peace.






No comments: