Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sing, Sing a Song!

My kids love to music, they love to sing. They sing everything from Barney to Beyonce. I love to sing too, but only in the car, alone, or privately to my boyz!

I don’t really care for my voice, it’s kind of, well, squeaky and high pitched. It sounds ok to me when I am engaged in normal, everyday conversation, however, when I hear myself on my answering machine, I cringe.

I do like to sing though, but because of my feelings about my voice, I have decided not to try out for American Idol…oh, and I may have exceeded the age limit!

I have always sung to my boyz. I have made up a bunch Schmoogie Songs, utilizing rhythms adapted from old songs, and have always sung your typical nursery rhymes and the like. My favorite time to sing to my boyz is when they are cuddled in my arms, you know, just about to fall asleep. I hum too, but I would much rather sing. I often sing out of tune, sometimes the wrong words, at times even on purpose, to get a reaction from the boyz. It’s fun for me.

The other night, while lulling my Noodle to sleep, he asked me to sing “Sunshine” to him. Of course I leap at the opportunity, but was quite tired myself, so I said, “OK Noodle, but only three Sunshine’s, and then we have to go to sleep. And please don’t ask me for more”.

I only know the first verse, but have been inspired to learn the remainder of the song.

Upon completion of my three stanza concert, he looks at me with those baby blues that melt my heart and says “Mama, can you sing the ABC’s”?

So I did, and then we fell asleep. I love to sing!!
Peace.

1 comment:

OHmommy said...

Oh gosh... I can't stand my voice but I sing along to all the songs too. Heh.