Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Mommy ~ Schmoogie Date Night

Schmoogie and Mommy went on a date on Friday night. We try to go out by ourselves a couple of times a year, and we always have a blast!

The short story:
Dinner at a Chinese Restaurant, complete with a poo poo platter, --- dollars...
Bowling, shoes, and soda at only the finest bowling center --- dollars...
Top the night off with Frosty's from Wendy's --- dollars...
Spending the night with the most amazing 8, almost 9 year old....PRICELESS!

Schmoogie has been doing really well in school, so when he invited me on a Mommy/Schmoogie date night, I quickly obliged.

We started the night out to dinner at a local Chinese restaurant, the poo poo platter was a hit. While we were not huge fans of the fire roasted cherries and pineapples, it was necessary to see how they would come out if he cooked them over the open flame. Of course they were awful, but isn't it more important that we giggled and laughed at its potential to actually taste good?

After dinner, we went bowling. Aside from the creepy guy offering way too much advise on how to bowl, it was a lot of fun. Not to obsess, but creepy guy was really creepy, and he touched Schmoogie's hand in an effort to show him the proper bowling technique that Schmoogie was really so eager to absorb. I gave him those "get your slimy hands off my kid" looks with my eyes, and he finally went away, probably because he was done"teaching", and not because of my eyes, either way he left, creepy people just don't get it.

Anyway, after we bowled some four games, laughed so much, one time until we almost peed our pants, had a ball go in the wrong direction, tried double ball bowling, and my fingers were swollen, it was time to hit the road and go home. We got into the car and both were quiet. See, one thing about going home is that the date is going to end. We were having such a great time, that we didn't want the night to end.

So, we stopped off for, a very unnecessary, Frosty. Neither of us ate much, but we did chat some more, and that was good for both of us.

Our night ended with a great big Mommy/Son hug, oh, and of course a kiss!

Peace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the date thing. I should try to find some time to do that with my kids. If I took one kid out a month plus the hubby, It would take me nine monthes to start the cycle over. Sounds like so much fun. I'm going to bring one of them out tonight for a date!!!