Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It hit the P House

The stomach virus hit the P house. Schmoogie and I had it, me worse than him....Big D and Noodle are safe so far.

Schmoogie was beside himself about the virus, not because he was sick, but because he missed a day of school, and more importantly, a day of testing and "ruined his perfect attendance, just days before the 100th day of school".

See, Schmoogie is in third grade, and this is the year for the big ELA testing, two day that the kids and teachers prep for for four months. Its a tad stressful for the average kid, as there is so much emphasis put on this test, and less on everyday school work that it really gets to them.

While he never misses school unless he is sick, and that one day when we went to the North Pole, he really wants to achieve that "Perfect Attendance". He did it in kindergarten, and got a sweet little certificate and notoriety from the principal way back then, and that hype has stayed with him. Plus, he's a bit of a perfectionist, and since the word perfect is contained in the award, well, you do the math!

Last night when I was about to fall asleep, Noodle turns to me and we had a short, sweet conversation about the virus.

Hey Mommy?
Yeah Noodle?
If you still sick tomorrow, you need-a go to the doctor.
Yeah, baby, I will.
You know Mommy, the doctor will make you feel better, and he will tell you "No More Monkeys jumping on the bed".

Good Night Noodle....Good Night Mama, hope you feel better.
I went to sleep with a smile on my face, feeling much better today.
Peace,
P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feel better everybody!

Our third grader will be glad when that test is over, and we can all move on.

Anonymous said...

I heart little boys! great blog, very entertaining. You will ove reflecting on these days in time. I keep a notebook in my bag and when he says cute things, jot them down. LOVES IT!