Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Welcome Baby Javula!

My mother, after celebrating her birthday on this day for 59 years, welcomes her sixth grandchild, with whom she will now share April 21st.

Today, I introduce my brand new baby niece, Javula (pseudo-name). Weighing in at a healthy 8 pounds 2 ounces she made her debut at 1:40 a.m. via cesarean section (it was a valiant effort, Meglet). My brother and my sister in law are thrilled about the arrival of the third, first girl child, to their family!

Excitement fills my heart today, as I await the time I can go and meet the new addition to our family. I cannot wait to hold her ever so gently in my arms and smell that precious new baby smell as I gaze into her eyes with wonderment of what will she be?

Who will she look like? Who will she act like? Will she be shy, outgoing, silly, funny?

How will she embrace the world and relish in all it has to offer, head on, or with reservation?

However and whatever she is, she will be precious, she will be unique, she will be Javula, and she will be loved.

Welcome, new baby girl!

Peace.

No comments: