Friday, April 17, 2009

Isn't 60 Nifty?



My mother is turning 60 on Tuesday.


In celebration, my grandmother, mother and I are spending the day at the Spa tomorrow. We are destined to have an amazing day. Three generations of girly girl-ness, sounds delightful.


I wanted to write about her birthday to not only wish her the best of birthdays ever, but also to remind her that I love her deeply, appreciate her even more, and treasure our memories immensely.


My mother and I do not always see eye to eye, but our hearts do. We respect established boundaries and always make the best effort to make the other happy.


It's at milestone birthday's like these that allow you reflect on those things that are really important. Those things like family. Those irreplaceable relationships that are so dear. I feel it important to remember these relationships need nourishment. They need to always be challenged to see just how many memories can be stuffed into them.


Many feel these types of relationships should be easy, ones that just work on their own. Not true. I think if more people worked harder at making their relationships better, they too may be better, in so many ways.


Back to Mom:

Today I wish my mother the happiest of birthdays. I am so looking forward to our date at the spa tomorrow, just one more memory to stuff in!


I love you and thank you for providing me with the basis to be the best person I can be, and more importantly for pouring the foundation that makes me the Mother I am today.


Happy Birthday Mom! Make this year one of your best years yet!!


Your daughter,

P


Peace.

No comments: