Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Getting Dressed

First I wanted to remind you that Noodle is 3 and Schmoogie is 9!

“Mama, I want to get myself dressed today, I’m a big boy”, states the very independent Noodle.

"OK buddy, here is everything you need, are you sure you don’t want Mommy to help you”? (Sense the desperation in my voice with a thread of hope that he still NEEDS me to help him)

“No, Mommy, I am a BIG now, I want to do it all by myself”.

“OK Noodle”.

He emerges from his bedroom fully and accurately dressed. Sigh.

“Look at me Mama. I did it all by myself”.

“Oh wow Noodle, you did do it all by yourself, and you look awesome, what a great job! You are a big boy”. Sigh.

Flash forward fifteen minutes. I am in my bathroom finalizing my morning routine to get out the door and to work.

“Mom”?

“What’s up Schmoogie”?

“What’s wrong with this shirt, it feels funny today”?

“Uh, maybe because you put it on backwards.”

Funny how things work out sometimes, isn't it??

Peace.

1 comment:

Nan Patience said...

I wish someone would help me get dressed. Hello, what not to wear?