Thursday, February 19, 2009

Mama's Getting a New Cell Phone!

I am not a techie type, not a gadget girl, at times, I think I may even be a tad technically challenged, however, I do like to keep up with the latest technology, albeit, it takes me a while to catch up.

I want to text. I really want to text. I love to write, and type, so I know I will love texting. I refuse, however, to text on the regular cell phone, as I have enough “old school” habits as it is. I need a “qwerty” keyboard.

Yesterday, I was on a quest to find the perfect new texting machine for me. I used one of my favorite pass times, Facebook, to network and find out which cell phone might be right for me. A couple of my Facebook friends suggested the Verizon Voyager, which has been referred to as the iPhone killer. Two co-workers have the Verizon Voyager and one loves it the other suggested the enV2, which I ended up getting for Big D.

At lunch I visited my local Verizon store and tried one on, I love, love, love it. It is sleek, smooth, fancy, classy, technical, practical, and most of all it’s got a QWERTY keyboard, with decent sized buttons for the beginner texter! A perfect monthly package that satisfies Big D as well as P, it’s a slam dunk!

All the way home, I am thrilled and excited, (I just love new stuff) I walk in the door, ‘lil bro who noticed that I had been obsessing about the new phone all day on Facebook, although he never offered any advise, laughed at me and said that the Voyager is a huge, awkward, phone that I wouldn’t like and I should have gotten the iPhone, which he has and things is the greatest phone ever. He yucked it up about the size and that it doesn’t fold and oh, it’s bigger than my home phone, blah, blah, he’s a real comedian.

My new fancy, schmancy texting machine shall arrive in the mail within the next few days, and I know, well, I think I will love it. I guess we will see if the new purchase is really a killer or not!

Peace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too love my new phone... I recently got it...