Thursday, February 12, 2009

Beaming with Pride

I am beaming today.

Nothing can bring me down.

My Schmoogie has always made me proud, but today I am the most proud of him that I have ever been.

In a meeting yesterday with his teacher, who I adore, respect and love, and his counselor, yes, he has a counselor, I was given some of the most amazing news ever.

Schmoogie scored the highest score of all the third graders in his school, on a standardized math pre-test. He too has been offered an art scholarship to attend an Art Camp at East End Arts Council over the winter break next week. His behaviour has improved, and in the last year has excelled in baseball, football and basketball.

He is not only athletically inclined, he also excels academically, and now he has unearthed an art talent. I am so proud of him.

A well rounded, happy child, what more could you ask for!

Peace

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Paula,

Thank you for being in the right place at the right time. There was no way I could of made it to the school today, and was so afraid of letting Mrs. Butterfield down. Thank you thank you.
Once i new you were there my stress level went down. Look for ward to the plant project wiht you and the great music. PS Sounds like your little J. is doing great. Keep up the good work mom. Tracy P