Friday, March 19, 2010

~Happy Double Digits Schmoogie~

Ten years ago today, I became Mommy! Happy 10th Birthday to my dearest Schmoogie!!

To simply say you have accomplished so much this year, would minimize your existence.

To simply say I am proud of who you are, who you have become and who I can see you becoming, would minimize my pride.

To simply say you can make me smile, laugh, cry and become enraged all in one half hour, would minimize your effect on me.

With full admiration, I point out just one of the most recent honors you received. I'm not sure who was more proud, you, me, your father, or your little brother, as you graciously received three of the four possible awards at the basketball shootout. Out-standing! Sports are what frames you, you are an incredibly talented athlete, and I really don't believe you fully comprehend how good you really are.

With full determination you always give 110% to whatever it is you are doing. Sometimes it's bordering obsessive, but it is always with purpose.

You are an amazing child. I love our "date nights", our silly sayings and Schmoogie songs, our similarities until they hurt, and most of all the sparkle in your eyes when you look at me.

Schmoogie, I love you with all my heart. I look forward to this year's accomplishments and the pride you exude from me. Ahhh, to be ten, again.

Love you to pieces,

Mommy

2 comments:

Sunflower Ranch said...

Awww -- this is so sweet! Your pure love for Schmoogie just shines through! He is one lucky young man to have you in his life!! Best of everything to him on this momentous day and to you and your family for every happiness on God's green earth!! :D

I am P said...

Thank you so much Sunflower Ranch!!